Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happy Mother's Day (Men you can read this also)

As a Mom, Mother's Day is the most special day there is.  It truly honors all the Mom's.  Whether we are good at being a Mom or not, you still deserve to be honored. Being a Mom is the most rewarding accomplishment of my life. I am so very thankful the Lord gave me the privilege of having an amazing son. Words cannot describe the feeling inside that being a Mom gives you.
   With that said, Mother's Day can be a wonderful, joyful day.  Or it can be a sad day longing to give your Mom that one more hug. This is the first Mother's Day without my Mom.  She passed away in October.  Even though Mom's mind was lost most of the time from Alzheimer's, she was still my Mom.  She did not realize most of the time that I was her daughter, or that she even had children. They were difficult moments of sadness.  Yet I still had my Mom, and could hug her and tell her how much I loved her.  They were difficult years, especially on Mother's Day.  You see, my Mom and I did very special things together, and for each other.  Planting flowers, going to lunch, shopping, or having tea and playing scrabble.  When the Alzheimer's took over we no longer could share those moments.  But I could still hug her.  They were the sad moments of Mother's Day.
   Now, we have a choice, are we going to dwell in those sad memories or focus on the happy memories.  I choose the happy times.  The lunches, the flowers, tea, or just being together.  And then the most happiest of all thoughts for me, being a Mom.  My son is now an adult, married, and eager to start a family of their own.  And then my Mother's Day gets even better, I can be a grandma.
   You may be someone who could not have children. You can still be that very special Mom to someone who needs it.  There are so many young women these days that did not have that influence of a Mom in their life.  There is so much wisdom we can pass along to those younger women regardless if you had your own children or not. I would encourage you, don't feel left out on this special day. You are very important to someone out there. And I am sure she can use any wisdom you may have for her.
   I believe that God made us ladies with something special in our hearts. Something that gives us a special bond as a Mom.  We all have struggles, we all have our stories, we all have our disappointments, and we ALL have the ability to love that child (no matter what age they are) like no one else can.
   So this Mother's Day I encourage you all to dwell in your happy place, your happy thoughts. Treat your Mom that much more special, and if you are like me and your Mom is no longer here, thank God for all the wonderful years you had together.
   And as a Mom, thank God for the privilege He has given us to be a Mom. I would not trade that for anything in the world.  I love my son more and more each day, and am so proud of him.  I love my daughter-in-law as my daughter.  There is room in our hearts to love and love more.
   It is an honor given us from our Father in Heaven.
Ephesians 6:2 Honor your Father and Mother, which is the first commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...