Saturday, April 23, 2016

What excites you?

I have had a theme lately with my devotions. Mostly about serving God with our all, serving the Body with joy and enthusiasm. And being genuinely excited about our Heavenly Father with sincere zeal and excitement. 
This being said I understand totally the daily factors that come into play with our emotions. I understand that our physical bodies at times  do not cooperate with our desires. 
As I have read my devotions everyday and prayed, I have been thinking about this. How do I react when I hear about the great things the Lord is doing?  How do I react during worship, or during church? Am I more excited about something I see on TV?  Or am I more excited about something else in my life than I am during worship?
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His possession, so that you may proclaim the praises of the One who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
This scripture spoke to me strongly. How do I act, how do I respond? Do I have that zeal and enthusiasm? Do my actions reflect Who is Lord in my life? They should! 
Folks, we are chosen by God.  We are His children. Let's show that excitement. No matter what we are doing in life, nothing is more deserving of our excitement, zeal, enthusiasm, and passion than our Lord Jesus. 
When we get to church let's come in ready to lay it all down, and worship God with everything that is within us.  Let's lay aside the weeks highs and lows. If we can be excited about "stuff" that filled our week, then we certainly should have much more to offer to our Lord, who was crucified for you and me, who sacrificed His all, so that we can have a life filled with His love. 
Be encouraged people.  Jesus knows our weaknesses, He knows our strengths.  He is always there with arms opened wide for us. It is never too late to show Him our joy and excitement we have for Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...