Monday, April 11, 2016

Are you alone?

As many of you know I have spent the last 4 weeks recovering from complications of surgery. This is not something you plan for. Or maybe you have been dealing with another sort of crisis in your life. Either way, we are never prepared for those things.  Or at least we don't think we are. So how do we respond or handle these sudden difficulties?
When I was in the hospital I asked God to use me to encourage someone else.  How would He use me, I had no idea. But I wanted to remain open and available to Him. I would intercede for others as they came to mind.  I tried to keep a positive attitude, especially to the hospital staff.  I felt myself feeling "grumpy" one day. I asked God to help me with that because I did not want to be grumpy to anyone else.
So I began to think about this and try to prepare myself mentally and emotionally so when someone entered my room they would feel the love of God was present. And that I would have words of encouragement to give out. I knew I had to be there, so I figured I may as well be useful.
Is it easy to have a positive attitude when you are facing a crisis? Absolutely not! Do we have an attitude of faith, knowing God is right there with us? Not always! So how did I do it?
There are a couple of verses in Ephesians 1:15-16 -For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints,I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. These verses speak life, hope, and love to me.  Not only do I know that our Lord Jesus is always by my side, I know that the Body of Christ is praying for me. That is where I get my strength. And that also encourages me to continually pray for others.  Because of that attitude of prayer and thanksgiving, I can keep that attitude of faith, I can stay positive and encourage others.
It is so important to remember this. Not just for myself, but for the others around me. We all need those gentle reminders and encouragement. No matter what your crisis is, it is important to you. Therefore it is important to God. And since it is important to God, then we as believers are to stay in that place of thanksgiving for those in your life.  That will, in turn, encourage those struggling.
That is a huge part of what Christianity is all about.  Sharing the love of Christ with those in need. Letting them know, they are not alone.
When we are struggling but are firm about sharing that love with others, we soon find out how encouraged we feel. By giving out, our Lord Jesus meets us in our time of need.
I pray these words encourage you all.  My heart is to share the truths I have learned  through my own trials. Be blessed my friends.
You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...