Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Is there a time to be "inflexible "?

I think most of us would agree, we've always been told to be flexible.  And for the most part that is true, be flexible.  But I'm writing this time about when we should be inflexible.  
There is a verse in the Bible that tells us when to stand firm. Hold your place.  Wait for it. 
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. - Hebrews 10:23
Yes, hold fast, hang on to your hope and faith with all the strength you can find.  You see, Jesus promises us a life of eternity with Him.  He does not waver from that promise.  Never! And all of the other promises He has told us about in the Bible.  
You may say, "what would you know?"  "How can you believe that with all you go through"? Or " You don't know my situation"?  
No I don't. But I do know my situation, and how every time I need Jesus to touch me, or do a miracle, or help me endure what I need to, He has!  Yes, He has! 
I confess, there are times I get weary. Actually right now is one of those times.  I have dealt with health issues since I was a teen. That was the beginning of my spinal cord damage, which is still progressing. It was 5 years ago I was diagnosed with the leukemia.  This latest bout of illness has me tired, not feeling the strongest physically. But I cannot afford to lose my faith in Jesus. He has saved my life many times. I have endured surgeries that had never been done before, I have surprised the doctors over and over.  What does that have to do with my faith and Jesus? EVERYTHING! 
You see being strong isn't always physical, it is emotional, spiritual, mentally. I determined many years ago that I would always fight with all I had to remain in faith and the hope in Jesus. There is no way I would say forget it. This is when we need to be inflexible.  Stand firm in our faith.  Jesus stood firm when He died on that cross for you and me. 
So whatever you are going through, remember the promises we have from Jesus.  Remember, this is not time to give up or waver from faith. Reach down inside with all you have and pull up that faith and hope. Stand firm and wait for it. 
I have stood firm for over 40 years, knowing my need will be met when I need it most. I may have to wait for my total healing a bit longer.  I will, in faith, I will stand firm on those promises.  Hope will not disappoint you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...