Saturday, April 1, 2017

Let's Talk About Hope (and April the Giraffe)

Hope! Some seem to have hope no matter what the circumstance is that surrounds them. Some seem to know there is hope but cannot seem to grasp it. Some are always looking for that hope. And then there are some that just say there is no hope. Where do you place yourself in this category?
For myself, I place myself in the "always hopeful" category. Early on in my life I faced many hurdles with my health. No matter how bad things got, I told myself I would not lose hope. When I asked Jesus into my life I knew exactly where that hope comes from. 


Luke 19:10 (HCSB)   10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save the lost.”

Before I started following Jesus I knew there was hope to be had, I knew there was a God in heaven that loved me unconditionally. I just didn't understand it. When I began reading God's Word and studying it I began to see the bigger picture. What does the above Scripture have to do with hope?
That Jesus Christ came to seek you, seek me, seek all others. That alone speaks hope.  The Son of God, our Savior came to this earth for you and for me. He came with unconditional love for us. He came in hopes that we would allow Him into our hearts and accept Him, accept His love for us. For me, knowing the Savior of this world, the Lord of all creation, the Ruler of this earth loves me, He wants to live in my heart, He wants that personal relationship with me, all of this speaks HOPE to me.  
I have been watching the live feed of April the Giraffe getting ready to give birth. I was seeing some of the comments, and most of them speak of hope, and people searching for a reason to be hopeful. This beautiful animal is God's creation, and that baby inside of her is God's creation. April is an animal, but knows who gives her life. The creatures of this world know who the Creator is, yet so many of us want to deny that fact. Some of the comments others were making were to the fact that something like this brings light, joy, and hope to this world full of evil. These folks are searching for hope. 
I know where that hope comes from, our Lord Jesus. So no matter what your situation is, whatever you are facing, call unto Jesus, He is the source of all hope. He loves you unconditionally, and He wants to pour that hope and love into you. 
The Bible also tells us that hope will not disappoint. We must remember, we may be thinking of only one possible solution to our problem. But Jesus may have a different solution. So when our answers come in different ways, that doesn't mean Jesus deserted us, but it means Jesus chose the best for us. 
So the next time you are facing a difficult situation, or a crisis in your life, reach out and call to Jesus, He will be there to hold you and fill you full of hope and His love. 
Be hopeful my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...