Sunday, April 30, 2017

He is Good!

We all have heard and have said "God is good". Sometimes we may say it with total sincerity, other times that phrase is said very flippantly. Either way, I really believe for the most part we have it in our hearts to be sincere.
Last week I was determined to go to church no matter what. I was so excited to get there and worship with my church family. I absolutely love to worship God. It was just so refreshing and good to be there and see all those beautiful faces.  I truly felt in my heart that "God is good". Why would I think otherwise. I made it to church for the 1st time in weeks.
We were having gorgeous weather last Sunday. Warm and sunny, and my husband was off work. I was looking forward to sitting outside on the swing with Paul, and enjoy the beautiful day we were having.
It didn't take long, my legs were paining me terribly. I was having excruciating back pain. I could only sit on the swing for a few short minutes. I had to go lay down. I just wanted God to yank on my legs to make them feel better. When that nerve pain kicks in like that it is horrible. I was so disappointed, I wanted to spend quality time with Paul on his Sunday off. I wanted to enjoy the warm weather. Did I still think "God is good"?
I was in extreme pain, I was disappointed, and so on. But not for one moment did I ever doubt God's goodness. God certainly did not cause my flare up of pain, it was the result of standing/sitting too long. It is the nature of the spinal cord damage. But God is faithful, He is good ALL THE TIME!
He got me through that and let me rest comfortably for a few hours. Then Paul and I had the rest of our beautiful day to enjoy.
You see no matter what your circumstance, your trials, God will meet you there and He will pour His goodness, His love, His peace all over you. He never deserts us or disappoints us.  We can actually do that on our own without His help.
We all have had disappointments in our life. It is how we respond that matters. If I went on with my day pouting and having a pity party for myself, that would not have helped my situation at all. But instead I chose to hold on to the fact that God is good and I was able to have a very peaceful rest that did more for my body than any pity party would have.
I encourage you friends, hold on to that hope that Jesus will get you through your trials, He will carry you when you cannot walk, He will hold you and comfort you when you need it most, and He will never desert you.
He is GOOD ALWAYS! Not some of the time, not when He feels like it, but all of the time.
Place your painful situations in His hands, whether physical or emotional, He will get you through.
I have another song for you to listen to this week. As you listen to the lyrics try to see all of the "good" things the Lord has done for you. He loves you, He loves me. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...