Thursday, April 20, 2017

Will You Walk By Faith?

It is easy to say we will walk by faith when everything is going our way. When we do not have any stumbling blocks or trials it makes it easy. 
I have had to walk by faith many times in my life, even when things seemed so dim, it is not an easy thing to do. And being totally honest, I did not always succeed in doing so.
This week a wonderful man who loved the Lord God with his all met the end of his journey here on earth and began his eternal journey in heaven with our Creator God. This man had a beautiful wife and precious young daughter. They have stood by him for the last year and a half as he fought a fierce battle of leukemia. He fought with all he had. He never gave up or lost faith, totally believing that God would meet his need and the needs of his family. 
Even though I never got the chance to meet this man in person we became friends through facebook. His brother who does live near here introduced me to him when he found we had something in common, first of all our Lord Jesus, but also leukemia. I thought I would get a chance to meet him in person this past Christmas, but that was not to be. I was so sorry for that. But he could no longer travel.
I would share my blogs with him, and he would send me encouraging words as well.  That is a friendship I will always be grateful for, and I so look forward to that face to face meeting some day. 
This man showed many how to face his illness valiantly, boldly, and fiercely. He never lost hope, even when the brighter side was growing more dim, I believe he found the brightest of all sides. 
This spoke to me this week when he moved on to eternity. Until the very end he believed the Lord Jesus had the best for him. I thought how was this the best? Because he is pain free, disease free, and in glory with our Lord Jesus.  Sure his wife and daughter will have this heartache that none of us can help with. But they too walked by faith and knew whatever the outcome, that Jesus is carrying them through this journey.
So I asked myself, when I am struggling physically, not feeling well, am I still walking by faith. Do I let my circumstances control my faith? I pray I always walk by faith, but I know there are times I grow weary. I do not want to be weary. I want to be the example of someone who has that faith like none other, that only comes from God. 
How do we deal with our situations, stumbling blocks, or disappointments?  Do we hang on to our faith in God, knowing He is always in control? Knowing without a doubt God has us in His arms, carrying us when we cannot walk, wiping our tears when our hearts break, reassuring us that everything will be okay. 
So I thank you James, thank you for all those encouraging words and that mountain of faith you held on to. I will meet you face to face someday. 

I have attached a song that has always ministered to me, I hope it helps you as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMUa96ZTHA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...