Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Where Does Our Strength Come From to Press On?

By now most of you know about my own personal struggles with my health. Unfortunately it is a big part of my life. However, I have a choice to let the struggles rule me, or for me to rule the struggles.
Many of us face struggles of many different forms. Regardless of what the struggle is, you can rule over it, you can be in charge. I've always preferred to see my glass half full versus half empty.
Lately the complications from the spinal cord damage have been trying to "rule" over me. I've had more difficulty walking. I've been experiencing more pain. This is part of my daily life.
So you may ask how can I rule over that?  It isn't easy!  But it is something everyone can do. It is a matter of choice, determination, and most of all the HOPE I have in Jesus.  I have to mentally say to myself, I will win this battle. Even though I'm in pain, or maybe falling more often, I choose to see my victory.  Sure I have to take medication, and use a cane or wheelchair. But I have the promise of Jesus, that one day I will be totally healed. Some can get caught up in the "time" factor.  When will I be healed?  I choose not to concentrate on that. I don't know what timing the Lord has in mind. It may be in a year or when I get to heaven. But it WILL happen.
So how do I see the positive in this or the will to move forward?  First of all I gain my strength from the Lord. I have to spend time with Him everyday. Not only have to, but I want to.  His Spirit will give us strength when we need it the most, and when we ask for it.
Next, I am very thankful for the doctors the Lord has placed in my life. I am very blessed to have had the best in the world, and some of the best in my area. This is not by accident. This is from that trust and hope the Lord has given me. There are times I knew I had to change doctors, knowing the one I was seeing was not a good match for me. But once I found a dr I can trust and have confidence in, I stay with him/her.  Regardless if I always agree or not, God has given the dr wisdom and knowledge for my situation.  I truly believe this.
Okay, you may think am I putting more trust in the doctor than I am in God. No!
Because I believe God has guided me to the right doctors and He gives that doctor the knowledge he/she needs to treat me.
My hope is still that I will have a miracle in my life. But if not, I do not give up. I do not lose hope. I know where my strength comes from.
That hope and strength is there for you also. Maybe it isn't a physical illness or ailment but an emotional crisis or situation. Maybe it's a financial hardship.  Whatever it is, nothing is too big for God. He has a plan for you and for your victories.  Hang on to Him and the hope He gives you.
I pray as you read this you feel encouraged, not only for yourself but for others also.
Until next time faithful readers, may you find that strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...