Monday, January 30, 2017

When we have a trial come our way, what do we do with it?

As most of you know by now I have had my share of physical trials.  And still today I have trials. Last week I had a new procedure to help with my immune system. With leukemia and chemo my system is pretty well depleted. I went into that with high hopes.  But I knew I may experience some side effects.  I really did not know what to expect since everyone reacts differently. I ended up with some severe side effects. I pushed through knowing they would eventually cease.  Of course we always ask ourselves is this worth it? And yes, it will be worth it.
That got me thinking, when we have trials, or even set backs, what do we do or what have we learned? Let me go back to 1990. When I was very, very ill, and no doctor near where I live could determine the problem, I was referred to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  That was 5 hours from home.
Our son was 6 years old at the time.  I went into that journey with high hopes that there was some doctor who could determine my problem.  That is when it was discovered I had the spinal cord problem. By then there was already a great deal of damage to the spinal cord. But I had a diagnosis.
And I knew God had me in His hands.
So how did I receive this information? At first shock, but then I thanked God we finally had an answer.  But a very important thing happened.  During the testing that was basically unbearable, I said to God " please use me Lord as an example". I said to Him, I never want anyone to go through what I had just endured. I did not want anyone to endure the pain I had endured. It was then that I said to God, please use me Lord to encourage others and help them through their trials. Whether it was small or large, it didn't matter.  A trial is significant to the one going through it.  I made a decision at that time that I would do what God would ask of me to help others or encourage others.
I have tried to do so since then. My desire is to serve our Lord Jesus with my best. Sure I am limited. But God can use your limitations for His purpose. As long as we remain faithful to Him, and try to do our very best, then He will enable you and bring forth the fruit of your efforts.
It was just over a year ago when God asked me to write this blog for Him. I share from my heart as God leads me. I am not a trained writer, I just try to be obedient to God.
With every blog I am getting more and more views in other countries.  My husband is going to get me a world map so I can mark where the blog has been viewed.  God had taken this blog around the world. Almost every continent has been reached. Countries that I didn't even know existed.
This my friends is the fruit of being obedient to God, and having a heart of wanting to help others.
It doesn't matter the trial or circumstance. What matters is our Lord Jesus loves everyone and desires us all to have that encouragement in our lives.
As I close this week, I encourage you, ask God how He desires to use you. I promise you, He will show you how and enable you. And you will see the fruit of your faithfulness.
Be encouraged my faithful readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...