Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Victory is Mine!

How many of us need a victory in our lives today?  I will boldly say everyone of us could use a victory today.  Some of you need a small victory, maybe in your work place, or in a relationship.  Then some of you need a very big victory. It could be your health, your finances, a very important relationship, or some other major need you have.
Don't feel embarrassed or any less of yourself if you need a victory. Chances are there may be many who need the same as you.
I am not ashamed to say, my victory needed is major, it is my health. I accept that, and I know that.
So how do I approach God about asking for my victory? I always begin by thanking Him for my victory to come. I believe with my whole heart that I will have my victory when the time is right.
Most of you know by now that I choose to look at things on the positive side. You may be thinking how can someone do that in the midst of a struggle. Trust me, I've had my lows.
I think for me one of the hardest times to stay positive is during extreme pain. I can get through things usually without having a pity party for myself. But I must confess, when I am in severe, debilitating pain, the kind that requires enough medication to sedate me, I have asked God why I had to endure that. The key here is that we quickly come out of that mode of thinking.
I have always believed God is going to heal my body. When? I don't know that. What I do know is He has saved my life over and over again. And after each of those medical crisis, I come away stronger, knowing God had His hand on me the whole time. You may think why should I have to endure pain at all?  The fact is, our body is flesh. It will not last forever. We end up with a disease, a physical disability, in my case the spinal cord damage and the leukemia. Why? I don't know and I don't ask. The only thing I want to say to God is to please use me so that others can learn and prevent other people of going through the same.
That is how I approach God when waiting for my victory. I know I will have victory. When I look back over the last 40 years, I realize how many victories I have already had.  God is with me all of the time.  He is with you all of the time.  My hope is you will never feel deserted. God does not desert us.
It may take awhile, but we will receive our victory(s). I would say to you, grab ahold of that positive thought, grab ahold of God with all your might, never let go, never lose hope. He is right here with you, with me.
VICTORY IS MINE! VICTORY IS YOURS!

 “We will sing joyously over your victory, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners. May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.”
‭‭PSALM‬ ‭20:5‬ ‭AMP‬‬

5 comments:

  1. On my first Sunday back to Church after my husband passed away only 5 weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer, my Pastor preached that for every circumstance we always have something to be thankful for. At that moment, I thought what did I have to be thankful for that Cecil had passed away. Well, I thought about it and yes, I had many things that I could be thankful for ... that Cecil did not have to suffer very long, that I did not have to watch him suffer, that I knew where he was going, that I knew where I was going, and that I have the hope of seeing him and all my loved ones & friends again one day in Heaven. On April 3rd, it will be 5 years since Cecil passed away. I'm so blessed for all my victories and I know that God is with me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel thank you for the nice comments. My prayer is that I can encourage others. I am blessed that you could relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn,

    Thank you for your encouraging comments.
    You'really correct in that we all seem to face our different set of challenges in life for which we would ask God to fix it straight away.
    I myself also face work issues after coming back from the mission field and am in a quandary how God will provide
    Nothing like your health problems.
    So like many people I'm wondering when God will answer my prayer
    But I would encourage you to trust God that he has a plan for you (as for all of us) and to be obedient to Him and stay faithful until He provides the victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn,

      I previous post signed off as annonomous as I was confused in what account to use.
      Blessings,Alf.
      Friend of Bill Staigar.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your response. I am humbled at how God is using this blog to minister to others.

      Delete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...