Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Where or Whom do you go to for your needs?

Several years ago I was praying for my self and interceding for others. It was actually before my last surgery on my spinal cord. My symptoms had been worsening so I knew it was vital for me to pray and ask Jesus to touch my body.  I knew I needed a creative miracle, a new spinal cord. While praying the Lord gave me a very clear picture in my mind. It was like a grocery store except this store had our miracles we needed in it.  The new spinal cords, new legs, new hearts, and so on. As I continued to pray I asked the Lord for clarification of what this meant. This is what He told me:
"When you are praying to Me, when you pass through the courts and into the Holy of Holies, it is there that you are with Me in Spirit. It is in that place that you are in a very intimate moment with Me. And in that place is everything you need. Your new spinal cord, someone else's new heart, healing for many, provision for many, all these things are there and waiting for you to receive them."
That is when I thought of the grocery store. We have no problem running to the store for our needs. Groceries, new clothes, this and that.  We go there anticipating that we will return home with those items in our hands.
Therefore, when we are praying to Jesus and asking Him to heal us, provide for us, and so on, why should we expect anything less. I would say that we should expect more. Jesus wants to meet all of our needs, He wants to heal our broken bodies. So why are we not leaving with our grocery bags full? I do not have the answer to that question. But what I do know is that Jesus has the perfect time for every single need to be met. His timing is perfect, ours is not.
What I took from this is that we must continue to have faith and hope. We must believe that Jesus will meet our need in His perfect timing.
So think about it, does that mean we do not have to go to the grocery store anymore(into that Holy place)? Of course not. When I go to the store for bread and butter, it they are out of the item I was looking for, do I give up and never go back? Absolutely not! Instead it makes me want to return more often.
Did I get my new spinal cord yet? No. But I go back to that Holy Place where it is just He and I. I pray and pray, and ask over and over for my creative miracle. I know without a doubt it will come. When, I have no idea, maybe when my days on this earth are done and I'm in heaven with Jesus.
I know that Jesus loves each and everyone of us, and He has His very best set aside for us.
But He wants us to come and sit with Him, and talk with Him. He wants that intimate, personal relationship with us all. More than anything else.
It is in that intimate place that we will receive. And it may not be the specific thing you are looking for at that moment, but we never leave with our grocery bags empty. Instead they are full of the very things we need for that time.
My prayer for you all this week is that you can find that special place that it is just you and Jesus, and you can go grocery shopping with faith and anticipation.
Jesus has so much more for each one of us than we could ever imagine. Go and find that special place where you and He can just be talking with each other.  Go and receive the love that Jesus has for you.
I promise you this, you will never be disappointed.
Have a blessed week readers,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...