Thursday, December 22, 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all.
As I was pondering what to write this week I wasn't getting anything particular. It wasn't until this morning that I realized why. The reason-because it is not about me or you, it is all about Jesus. It is Jesus' birthday, it is all for Jesus.
OK so I will say that familiar saying-"Jesus is the reason for the season".  We all have heard that a bunch of times. But think about it, this week before Christmas many of us are running around frantically getting last minute gifts, preparing for Christmas dinner, and so on.  We tend to forget why we are celebrating, and whom we are celebrating.
So I do not have a new revelation to share with you, but just encouragement. You know I like to look at things with a positive aspect rather than the negative. I remember a time when I was busy baking, shopping, and all the other busyness that goes along with Christmas. But being "challenged physically" has forced me to do things in a much more simpler way. I cannot spend all day shopping, or even baking. So I have been able to sit back, enjoy the Christmas shows on TV, have tea with a friend, and just spend time praying and dwelling on that first Christmas when Jesus was born.  It has been refreshing.  Sure I miss doing all those things, but I must admit, I would not trade those special times praying and talking to Jesus for anything.
Please know, I am not trying to condemn anyone. I totally understand work schedules and how it is hard to get everything done that you need to. I just want to encourage you, tomorrow on Christmas Eve, set aside some time, whether it is an hour, or even 15 minutes, sit back and have a nice talk with our Savior. Give Him a birthday present, you.  He desires that more than anything. A little bit of time with you. Having a nice chat, listening to our stories, Jesus desires time with you.
I promise you, this will be the best part of your day.
I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas with your family and loved ones. Have fun building memories that you will have forever. And most of all, I pray you will have your special time with Jesus, this will be the best gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...