Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Time

It is Christmas time. I love Christmas, the true meaning of Christmas, the family time, the traditions, and the enthusiasm of folks all around.
This time of year it seems everyone has a little more generosity in their hearts, a bit more of forgiveness towards others, and kindness.
There is also a lot of sadness this time of year. People are missing loved ones whom they have lost, or family far away, or their spouse(or Mom or Dad) overseas serving our country for our sake.
It would be easy to fall into a deep depression for so many. But we have a choice. A choice to dwell in the faithfulness of our Lord Jesus and let the peace of God fill your heart.
If you have been reading my blogs all along you know I am all about the hope we have in our Lord Jesus. No matter how dark it may seem to you, or how desperate your situation may be, there is ALWAYS hope.
My Dad loved Christmas and everything about it.  He especially loved our Christmas breakfast. The last year we had him with us, somehow I think he knew it would be his last. He was very ill with cancer, but he asked Paul and I to take him to a special store to get the items for breakfast. Even though he could no longer eat, he wanted to do this.  That was December 23. He went down hill very quickly the next day. But Christmas morning he was determined to be at our home for our family time and breakfast. He slept mostly on the sofa, but he was here with us. Daddy went to be with the Lord January 12.
Why did I share this? To show you that everyone, at some time or another, has had a very sad occurrence, maybe even at Christmas time.  And we all have the same choice, to dwell in the sadness, or to grab hold of the hope we have in Jesus, and live in the gladness and joy He has for us.
Yes, I still remember my Daddy, but I dwell in the joy he had for Christmas and his family.  Those traditions.  I really think that is where I get my enthusiasm for Christmas.  I love decorating, and baking(Paul has to help me with that now), visiting with friends over tea, and the overall joy this holiday brings.
So I'd like to encourage you all, find your joy this Christmas. If you know someone struggling with sadness or depression, invite them over for tea. Share about all the fun memories as a child at Christmas time.  Most of all share with them the hope we have because Jesus was born this very day for us all.
I pray that these next two weeks before Christmas are not filled with crazy shopping days or the hassles that rob your joy, but instead filled with the time to sit back with that special friend over tea and dwell in the goodness and faithfulness that Jesus has for you.
Until next time my friends,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...