Monday, October 3, 2016

Do you believe in miracles?

Lately I have heard so many talking about miracles. Some that have received a miracle and recognize it for being truly a miracle from God. Others that are talking about an unexplained occurrence they have encountered or heard about, but deny that it could be of God. That has spurred some thinking in me.
If you have read my earlier blogs you see that I mention the miracles in my own life. Just in my life alone, I have received many miracles, and I give all the credit to God.  I know that the only reason I am alive today is because of God's hand on my life. I have had medical occurrences in my life that cannot be explained by a physician. Usually the answer is we don't know why you are better, but you are. Or we don't know why you are better but someone is on your side.
My husband has had a very major miracle in his own life.  He has an aortic aneurysm that ruptured.  His heart was barely beating, 1 beat per minute. He was being flown by helicopter. The paramedics had evidence he was bleeding to death. It was visible on ultrasound. He arrived at the hospital barely alive. They prepped him for surgery. But they wanted another set of Cat Scan films.  They whipped him out of the machine just as he regained consciousness.  The doctor was yelling, "where did the blood go"? God at that very moment returned the blood from his abdomen back to his heart, which was beating normally. There was no longer any blood seeping into his abdomen. There is also visible evidence of this occurrence in his abdomen.  The blood pooling bruised a portion of his small intestine. This was physically seen by a surgery that was done. The drs explanation, "we cannot explain it".  the paramedics visited my husband in the hospital and at home.  They told us they had all of the medical equipment tested.  There were no problems with the machines. They have the evidence on film that he was bleeding to death. This was truly a miracle.
So this raises the question, when you have a major event occur in your life, to whom, or to what do you give credit to?  I am a nurse, I know how things occur.  But folks I have to say, when it cannot be explained, there is no other explanation than it was a miracle. However, for some of you, you find it so difficult to admit that God can do miracles, or that there is even a God who loves us so much that He would do such things for us.
I want to encourage you today readers, there is a loving God who not only created you and this very universe we live in, but He loves you.  An unconditional love from our Heavenly Father who will do whatever it takes to help His children.  He is real, He desires to have that personal relationship with you, and more than that, He wants you to trust Him, and trust the love He has for you.
We all have trials in this world, we all experience times when we need that divine intervention.  God is here for you this very minute, and every second of every day.
There is hope, there is love, we just need to have that tiny seed of faith.  A seed the size of a mustard seed.  Trust in our Lord Jesus Christ.  He will not desert you.
Matthew 17:20- ..."For truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say move this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...