Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Those Aggravating Hurdles !

Hello faithful readers.  It seems as though everywhere we turn these days someone is arguing about who you should vote for.  Guess what? I am not going there.  Instead more of my own personal journey.
I have been feeling ok these last few weeks.  Sunday I was so excited to get to church and have some fellowship.  I did go to church, then all of a sudden I felt like I had the flu.  I thought gosh I haven't even been around any sickness.  By the time I got home I had chills, fever, headache, and so on.  I was feeling quite ill.  Monday I went to see my Oncologist(the PA). Sure enough a sinus infection. I just had a sinus infection a month or so ago.  I was baffled, where did I come in contact with these germs.  Well it seems I have no ability to fight anything. I am very immuno-suppressed.  I may need to receive an immunoglobulin IV boost at times.
OK then, what do I do with this info.  That little negative thing inside me wanted to creep up and give me a very wrong attitude.  Wrong you say, yes, wrong!  I have no room in my life for a negative, woeful, pitiful attitude that wants to lie to me and tell me how badly I have it.  Because I do not have it badly.  I am a blessed woman of God who has the promises and the hope in my Lord Jesus Christ.
Sure I have these hurdles at times that I will face. But there is not one single hurdle that can rob me from the blessings the Lord has for me.
Now you may ask, how can you keep that positive attitude? It takes work and commitment on my end.  It just doesn't come natural. You may think so, but trust me, it is easy to get tested.  I make sure every morning I spend my time in the Word of God, my Bible. I read, I ponder, I concentrate on the Lord's promises, and I pray.  My husband can study the Word for hours. I am not that gifted in that area. So I use helps.  Study books or study plans, things like that.  I am not a huge fan of reading. That's just not my thing. I also prefer to get most of my knowledge from the Word, and not necessarily from some one's book.  I am not saying reading a book is wrong. Just for me this is what works.  And then I journal.  Every single day I journal what I've learned and read, and what God was saying to me, and I journal many of my personal prayers.  For me, by doing these things, I can keep that positive, hopeful attitude.
Some of you will think "but you are still sick".  Yup, but I still hang on to God's promises.  And I have always asked God to use my illness to help someone else.  But that is a whole other blog.  For a later date. Back to attitudes and hurdles.  We can be victorious and get through our trials. It isn't always easy but you can do it.
So whatever trial you are facing, what ever hurdle seems like a mountain, trust me, you can get over to the other side.  Keep that faith, that hope, that trust in our Lord that He will help you. He will carry you when He has to, hold our hands, and guide us.  That my friends brings me peace and comfort everyday.
I would also ask you my friends, please pray for my brother-in-law.  He is going through a very battle right now with a serious health situation.  Pray for God to touch him and bless him everyday.  Thank You all.
Until next time, be encouraged and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...