Friday, September 23, 2016

Are we in neutral, or are we moving forward?

I was reading my devotions the other day and it spoke of slothfulness. Slothful in the Greek is NOTHROS.  It means something that has lost its speed or momentum.  The  writer was using the Scripture reference Hebrews 6:12. so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.  It was a different version. But my version says " SLUGGISH".
This is speaking of our inward condition.  We may look like we are full of energy on the outside, but inside we are struggling with focus and momentum.  We are stuck in neutral.  The above Scripture tells us we can inherit the promises of God. But at times we face hindrances because of our slothfulness or sluggishness.  We are stuck in neutral. This made me examine myself. Am I slothful in my walk with the Lord.  I have to be honest, at times it seems so to me because of the way I physically feel.  But after reading this and praying, I remembered it isn't about my physical status, it is about my spiritual status.  Am I zealous for the Lord? Do I go after Him with zeal, and seek all that He has for me?  I can say, without a doubt, I do run after God with all that is in me.  Am I perfect, of course not!  I can easily get into that slump like anyone else.
We all have obstacles or mounds in front of us. Do you have the perseverance to push yourself over that mound and run your race?  Can you see that reward waiting for you?
I know that our Lord Jesus has so much grace and mercy for us. If we slip, He is there to help us up.  We don't have to feel guilty about that. He has promises for us all.  And I definitely want to receive my promises.  I know without a doubt, someday I will walk without assistance, I will no longer need a wheelchair, I will no longer endure pain, I will have a wonderful life of eternity.
That, my faithful readers, gives me the push, the zealousness, the perseverance to keep going.
I pray I have encouraged you all to run your race with all you have. Our Lord God is right there with you.  He will help you.
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...