Thursday, September 1, 2016

When things start piling up...

Hello faithful readers. I do pray that my blogs have been encouraging to you all.  That is my heart. 
I think we all have times in our lives when we feel "the mound " is getting higher and higher.  We often think if one more thing is added on to the pile it will erupt like a volcano.  But somehow we find that extra strength to keep going, keep breaking through that pile. And before we know it we look back and the huge mound looks like a mere ant hill. 
We all have those times.  I'm having one this week. I'm having some complications at the port site with a blood clot.  And then we have the beginnings of another mound. Or so it seems.  
We all have a different perspective when we look at something.  I have always tried to keep a positive perspective.  There is always something we can focus on that is good and uplifting.  With that said, I am certainly not perfect. And think about it, I've had many years to work through these issues and practice being positive. 
Seriously folks, we all have those "down" times. But it is what we do with them that matters. We can sit alone and sulk in our own misery.  Or better yet, we can have fellowship with someone who can lift us up and encourage us.  We all have the same choices.  One of the best helps I have is going to a favorite scripture.  I have a few, it depends on the situation.  God's Word will never disappoint us.  Even if it is just a few words, read it over and over.  Pray that scripture over you and your circumstance.  You may be surprised at how comforting that is.  
So whatever mound is in front of you, however big that pile may seem, it still cannot stand up against the Word of God. God's Word is filled with the hope, faith, and trust we need.  And I know if you ask Him, He will supply. 
Be encouraged friends, our hardships or difficulties do not define who we are, God defines who we are.  And that includes being victorious. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you....
    I am not there Sometimes tell Father "this really sucks!"
    Whats up? Other times i say You are God and i am not
    I will trust you know better than i

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...