Monday, November 5, 2018

I'm Thankful

November is a month that many like to express their thankfulness for different things. I think its a great reminder to keep us all on track.
I personally like to express my thankfulness everyday. At least during my prayer times. Like most of you I do have so much to be thankful for. However, most of us live busy lives, have so much going on in our lives, or maybe just having a bad day. Those are the days we seldom feel like giving thanks. We get stuck in our low moments and have a negative conversation with ourselves. Come on, we all do this at times.  The important part of this scenario is that we remember to pull ourselves out of that negative spot. Get ourselves back into the mindset of being thankful instead of grumbling.
It is through those times we often learn something new. Out of that negative, low place, we learn something new that will help us down the road.
I know for me, if I've been grumbling, when I get that new revelation, and start being thankful the way I am supposed to be, that I feel so much brighter, and so much more useful. I will think "Yes, Lord, I am useful. I can do this."
That is something I know God has for us all. Those times of victory and feeling thankful. Those times when we realize God has a plan for your life, and He wants to use you. That alone is a reason to be thankful.
I encourage you to reach deep within your heart and find that thankful place. For me it doesn't take much, I am thankful for so much. Here are a few: that I am alive, I have a beautiful family, I can walk, I can talk, I can see to read my Bible, I can hear, and most of all God can use my circumstances to glorify Himself.
There are many more things I am thankful for. Everyday I tell God thank you.
I encourage you friends, you are useful, you are loved by God, and you have reasons to be thankful.
I pray you find this "happy" place that you can run to and feel secure in, so that it takes you out of the low place and back into the thankfulness.
Together we can help others find their thankfulness. I am thankful for you, my faithful readers.
Remember that song years ago, "Don't worry, be Happy"? So much truth to that statement.

Thess 5:18
Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...