Wednesday, March 7, 2018

What is Your Breaking Point?

What is your breaking point? By breaking point I mean the point at which we let go and give it all to God. When we finally realize we cannot do this by ourselves. That we realize we are just like everyone else and we are needy. We all are in need of Jesus Christ being in our lives. Remember the older hymn “There is power in the blood of Jesus”.  There are many hymns and current worship songs that speak of the blood of Jesus. There are many that speak of the power of the cross.
Think about it, when things are piling up against us, when we’ve reached our breaking point, we call out to Jesus to help us. Why do we do that?  Because we know the power that Jesus has, and through that power He rescues us, saves us, brings out of that overwhelming place and into His presence, full of peace and comfort. We all go through difficult times.  I certainly do. But it is what we do to be victorious that counts.
I am certainly not exempt from difficult times. This winter has been long for me. I have had to stay “quarantined “ because of the severity of the flu this year. I have experienced great pain this winter with difficulty in walking, which I blame on the weather.  But mostly it is because of the medical problems in my body that I experience these hard times. So what do you do about it? I refuse to sit and feel sorry for myself.  There are days that I am stronger. But I have days when I get very frustrated. And those are the days I must remind myself, Jesus hung on that cross, His blood ran down, and He conquered the powers of darkness for ME.  For my victory. For your victory.
There is power in His blood. There is power in His name.
When you find yourself having a bad day, call out to Jesus. Stand firm, plead His blood over you, grasp ahold of your victory.
Remember, you are not alone in your hardships. We all have our share.  But let’s be stronger than those hardships and not allow them to define who we are.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...