Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter, Resurrection Day

Easter, what does it mean to you? I am sure you've heard that question before. And I think every year any follower of Christ Jesus will ask yourself that question. But let me ask you, when you think about Easter, and what it means to you, does it reach deep down in your heart? Do you truly feel something deep inside?
For me Easter, or Resurrection Day as so many will say, is the most important holiday we celebrate as Christians. It all starts on Good Friday. As I read Scripture and remember the road Jesus took for us, the love He has for us, and what He endured for us, I cannot imagine what His followers must have felt. They watched as the King of Kings was arrested, beaten, and hung on that cross to die. Yet Jesus still spoke of forgiveness and love while dying. He knew this was what He had to do to give each and every person the chance of forgiveness and redemption. He wanted every single person to have the opportunity to spend eternity with Him in heaven. His love is so strong and so massive that He was willing to die so that we could live. And yet even after He hung on that cross, many still refused to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus would not leave His people without hope and disappointment.
Then came Sunday, Resurrection Day. Jesus was no longer in the tomb. The stone was rolled away. The tomb was empty. Jesus appeared to His disciples once again, He conquered death, and no longer will His followers be without hope. When Jesus ascended into heaven, God sent the Holy Spirit down to be our helper, our comforter, and to be with us always.
Matthew 28:19-20
 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
For me Easter is my hope. It is the ultimate example of love. And it reminds me that I will have eternity with Jesus. My heart is filled with His Holy Spirit. Therefore I am never alone, I have my helper, my comforter always. And I always have hope. No matter what trials life brings, we always have that hope. We always have the unconditional love of Jesus. Jesus tells us He is ALWAYS with us. That is something I never want to take for granted. Jesus wants that for you also. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...