Sunday, February 25, 2018

Graduation Day!

February 21, 2018 was Graduation Day for Rev. Billy Graham.  Yes, Graduation Day.  Rev. Graham moved from this earthly world we know into heaven where he will spend eternity with our Lord Jesus Christ. Oh what a celebration in heaven there must have been. But as much as we respected, honored, and looked up to Billy Graham, I can say with total confidence, this humble man was probably saying “I don’t deserve this, I am a sinner like everyone else. And I have been forgiven by the King of Kings”. 
Billy Graham never once considered himself more important than any other.  He openly confessed that he needed the cleansing blood of Jesus to save him and forgive him, just like we do. Billy Graham lived the life he preached about. The life through the forgiving grace of our Lord Jesus, and the power of His Holy Spirit alive in us. 
None of us are exempt from that very need Rev. Graham preached about. The need for the forgiving grace of Jesus. This Jesus who was nailed to the cross, beaten, spat on, cursed, torchered, and bleeding so much so that His blood covers everyone who calls on Him. Anyone who has ever heard Billy Graham speak has heard this very message. 
I can honestly say I believe that every nation knew who Billy Graham was.  His love for people spanned the globe.  His heart truly wanted to see everyone set free by the power of his Lord, Jesus Christ. 
I remember hearing Rev Graham say he hoped he would hear the words “well done my faithful servant” from our Lord Jesus as he entered heaven.  That just amazed me. In my eyes of course he would hear those words. But Billy Graham was a humble man. And never thought of himself more highly than another. 
That should be our prayer, when we get to heaven Jesus says well done my faithful servant. 
Billy Graham did not let borders hinder him. He didn’t let different languages hinder him. He didn’t let different cultures hinder him. He knew he had been called by God to spread His Gospel. And that is what he did. 
Can we be that obedient, to do whatever it takes to fulfill the calling on our lives?  I believe we can. But not without the help from the Lord and His Holy Spirit. If we press on and persevere, give it our all,and most of all remain humble,  then I know Jesus will be pleased. 
Even though Billy Graham is now in the presence of our Lord Jesus, God will raise up another to continue on where Rev. Graham stopped. Perhaps Franklin Graham. Perhaps someone else.  And I know God has a job for us all to do. A very important job. And He selected you to see it through. 
 I pray for you faithful readers, that you know deep in your heart the task God has for you to do. I pray that the Holy Spirit guides you, gives you discernment, knowledge, and understanding.  And finally friends, I pray you go out with joy in the name of Jesus Christ.  

3 comments:

  1. I was amazed as the crowds of people along the motorcade way. To think that he touched every community in our country, the millions that never made it to the Crusades but lives were changed by the gospel as he preached it...and also those around the world...it was awesome to see the motorcade....all those that saw the crusades in their living rooms..and were saved by the gospel....just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Billy Graham! I used to listen to his crusades and long for that relationship with Christ. That happened for me in the summer of 1978.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...