Sunday, October 1, 2017

Prayer

Prayer! Well now that can open up a whole barrel of thoughts. Just that very word can bring a whole host of emotions in us. It can bring us joy, laughter, sadness, and even weeping. However, prayer is our direct access to God through our Lord Jesus Christ. The God of the universe, our Creator hears our every prayer, He hears my voice, He hears your voice. How awesome is that?! WOW, my God in heaven hears my voice. Oh my goodness, that brings chills to my body, it brings tears to my eyes, it fills my heart with gladness.
So then why do we not pray? What gets in our way? What are we afraid of? 
I'd say many times we do not feel worthy to pray. We may think sin has stained us, or we feel we are currently in sin. We may feel we are not important enough to God because we are not as successful as others. Let me tell you, we are redeemed by the blood of Jesus. Because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for you, for me, that gives us the privilege to pray. By the power of the blood of Jesus we are worthy. Our sin is forgiven when we ask Jesus to forgive us. We are the very creation of God. He loves us more than anything. He doesn't care how important we are in man's eyes, or how much our income is, or how successful we are. He cares about you and me, and our eternity with Him.
We do not have to ask permission to pray. We have that direct link, His direct phone number to call Him whenever we want. There is nothing to fear. We do not have to be a scholar and pray with all the correct wording, we do not have to be an elder to pray, we don't have to be a pastor to pray. We all have the permission and authority and privilege to pray. 
When we pray with that confidence, with that enthusiasm, knowing that God is on the other end of the phone, then I believe our prayers will be so powerful that we will see with our very eyes mountains move, miracles like we've never seen before.  We will have victory!
Philippians 4:6-7  Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
When I thought about these verses and what God was stirring in my heart, I thought of this-" We have a peace officer around our hearts". 
A peace officer in the natural is responsible for keeping peace. We are so privileged to have the Holy Spirit in us 24/7. Our Lord Jesus told us we would have a helper, a comforter, a counselor with us always, the Holy Spirit. When we pray, and cast our cares to Jesus, let Him know our concerns, our fears, our needs, then the Holy Spirit will remind us, in our hearts, that He is right there and has everything in control. He is our peace officer.
There are so many more thoughts I have on this, but I want to keep this in blog form and not "book form". 
I will leave you with this. When we pray, that enables us to trust in Him and rest in Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...