Saturday, October 21, 2017

Prayer and More

The last few blogs I’ve been talking about prayer. It has been so strong in my heart lately. Today being no different. Last blog I was talking about praying for ourselves. And today that is still so very important to me. So this blog will be a little like that but with a different direction.
As I have been studying about prayer the Lord is showing me so many different aspects, but not new aspects. What do I mean by that?
We have all been taught about prayer, about how to pray, and what words to use and so on.  This morning my heart was very concerned for a friend. She truly needs a miracle from the Lord. I have often fashioned my prayer time to be mostly interceding for someone else.  As I began praying for my friend clearly I felt a tug on my heart. God was redirecting me towards Him.
Those early lessons on prayer came flooding back into my mind. I remember the JOY method of prayer. Jesus, others, you. I knew I needed to redirect my prayer time. I had to praise our Lord Jesus first and foremost for what he has done in my life, in my family’s life.  He is the most important one we should be including in our prayer time. We need to thank Him, praise Him, and worship Him everyday. Then all else will fall into place.
I know for me when I get the focus off of me, off of the troubles of the week, and give Jesus the praise and adoration He deserves, then He guides me through my prayer time.
When I got done with that part of my prayer time, then praying and interceding for my friend who needs that miracle became much more fluent. I felt that every word I uttered, every groan, every tear meant so much more.  I knew my heart had been cleansed by the Holy Spirit and prepared for intercession.
This prayer time reminded me of this vital lesson. We must take care of our hearts, clean the cobwebs out as my husband would say. It is then that we are in the place to move on and do battle in prayer.
I encourage you prayer warriors out there, no matter how important or not, no matter how big or not, whatever you have on your heart, it is very important to God. So shake out the cobwebs and get those prayer shoes on. Jesus is there waiting for you to have a conversation with Him.  Your heart will be filled with His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...