Sunday, November 6, 2016

Living a Dream

This weeks blog is going to be a little different.  This is about dreaming dreams for your family, your children. Some may think it isn't right to dream about your future, but instead to let things fall as they may.  If you have read my blogs all along you know I am all about faith and trust in our Lord Jesus. I also feel God is OK with us dreaming and having goals for our future.  There is a scripture in Joel that speaks of dreaming.
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.  - Joel 2:28
Now I will get to the meat.  When I was pregnant for our son 33 years ago my husband and I would always pray and lay hands on my belly.  My husband would play his guitar and we would sing and worship the Lord.  That precious baby inside of me would be very active during those times.
This was the day when we did not know if our baby was a boy or girl. Only our Lord Jesus knew. But still we prayed, "Lord use this child for your glory in whatever way you desire".
Our son Matthew was born.  We continued to hold worship a very high priority in our home, and in our family.  Matthew could barely walk, yet he had some crazy rhythm going on.  He had a little guitar he would play and he made effects sounds with his voice.  He would serenade my Mom and I whenever we were in the car.  So Paul and I continued to pray that God would use Matthew and gift him in whatever way He desired.
As time went on it was evident Matthew had an ear for music and a desire to play that guitar.  He began learning, officially, at the age of 4. He had times of taking a break when other interests took his time.  But his guitar was always there for him.
Then the DREAM. Matthew began to dream of playing before many for the glory of the Lord.  My husband continued to teach him. He told Matthew if you want to excel in this you have to practice everyday.  So he did, so much so that he would fall asleep at night with his guitar still strapped on him in his bed.  As he got older he went to college for more instruction. Matthew also played on the worship team as well.  He has always kept that dream in front of him.  Never giving up.
Today Matthew has been living that dream.  He has traveled the world.  Played before many.  His desire was to be known as an excellent guitar player and gain respect from others for that.  He has that this day.
You may be thinking why am I sharing this, what does it have to do with hope, faith, trust.  Matthew, Paul, and myself have always recognized Matthew's talent as a gifting from God.  He did not sit back and wait for it to fall out of the sky, he worked hard for it everyday.  Paul and I never took that for granted.  We continued to pray everyday that God would have His way in Matthew's life.  And we still do everyday.
What ever dream you have, whatever goal or vision you have, you must always keep it before the Lord Jesus. He will hear your prayers. He will bring it to fruition as you follow Him, and remain a faithful servant to Him. I believe that as we truly seek Him for His will in our lives, He will reveal those desires to us.
I encourage you today, seek the Lord's will for your life.  If you have a dream or a vision, pray, ask Jesus if this is legit or the pizza you ate.  Look for the confirmation in God's Word.  Ask Him to show you and guide you.  I am confident He will show you.
Our son Matthew never gave up on his dream. He pressed on, he stepped out in leaps of faith, moving to Colorado and then a year ago to Nashville with his beautiful wife.  God has shown His love and faithfulness to Matthew and Mel over and over.  How much more encouraging can it get.
Keep dreaming your dreams for yourself and your family. Trust in our Lord Jesus that He will guide you. Stay in His word for encouragement and confirmation.  Our Lord God loves you with all of His heart, and He has a desire to use you, all of you.
Thank you for reading faithful friends. I pray this blesses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...