Sunday, November 13, 2016

Do you believe God can use you, or believe that you have a specific gifting from God?

Hello to all you readers out there. I know I have written similar blogs before, but I was reminded about how God chooses to use me. In other words, what are my strengths?
You may recall me telling you in previous blogs that I am a nurse, but can no longer work due to my disability of having Spinal Cord damage. For most of us we seem to feel that what we choose for our profession is what defines our identity. I always felt that to some degree. But I also have always felt God has a purpose for my life, and it may be different than my nursing career.  I have shared about areas of ministry the Lord used me in.  And the fact that I had to stop serving in some of those areas as my spinal cord damage progressed, and the leukemia that has invaded my life became more of an issue.
With that said, guess what?  God still has a plan for my life, and He can still use me for His glory.  I can still serve Him. I firmly believe that when 1 door closes, another opens up. God knows my limitations more than I do. And He knows my STRENGTHS.  Wow, I am so thankful for that.
This week during my devotional and study time I was reminded of this very fact.  He clearly showed me how He is using this blog to minister to others. God took me through a journey that morning.  He reminded me of the areas in my life that He used for His glory.  Whether it was door greeting, sending encouraging words in a greeting card, or drama that encouraged the Church Body. God reminded me that whatever season we are in, whatever physical condition our body is in, or whatever emotional status we are in, He can and desires to still use us for His glory.
At this time in my life I am very limited.  But I have been obedient and stayed with this blogging.  God has blessed me in so many ways, and taken this blog around the world. You see, we may not see ourselves useful in certain areas, or even at all, but God does.  He can send His anointing down on you in an instant. God has a purpose for each and every one of us. If He has a task for you to do, He will enable you to do so.
You may be thinking you don't feel like being used for God's glory, your plate is full, you don't like this time of year, or the fact that you had your feelings hurt by someone.  God is bigger than any of those things. He has given us His written word, the Bible, to encourage us.  He has given us a direct line of communication with Him, called prayer.  And He has given us His Holy Spirit to anoint us and enable us to do His will.
So readers, please do not feel like you have let God down if you did not do something He asked. Our Lord Jesus is a faithful, loving God of 2nd chances.  Ask Him what He would have you do for Him.  I know He will show you.  And it will not be more than you are able to do.  He may stretch us, but He will enable us.
I pray that you all will find your purpose, your calling in our Lord Jesus.  It is one of the most fulfilling things you will ever do.
Thank you faithful readers. I pray that I have encouraged you. We have our faith, our hope, and our trust in our Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. This goes right along with what I read in the Word this morning. Rom. 8:38-39. Nothing can separate us from God's love!! Nothing on this earth or in the spirit realm. God is bigger than everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...