Wednesday, August 3, 2016

DO WE GET LAX WHEN EVERYTHING IS GOING RIGHT?

When everything is going the way we want it to go we are happy, joyful, have great attitudes, and on and on. We even tend to get lax in our devotional time with the Lord.  Things we might say - oh it's nice out, I will read later. Or- I want to go shopping, I will pray later.  They are just a couple of examples. There are plenty more, I'm sure. 
Then all of a sudden a crisis comes our way.  We have health issues, maybe struggling financially, or car problems, and so-on. So the first thing we might do is call out to God, asking Him where He has been. Asking Him, why did He desert us. We pick up our Bible and madly search through the Psalms or other Scriptures until we find one that fits our need.  
Truth is- God never left our side, He was speaking the whole time. But we were ignoring Him. We decided to go through the good times without Him. We are the ones who close the door.  
Do we really believe that is the kind of relationship Jesus wants with us?  I do not! I want to be close to Him everyday. 
I always start my day reading the Word and praying. It may vary the length of time I spend in the Scriptures.  Am I perfect at this, of course not.  But I sincerely set out every morning to first spend time with the Lord. 
Then anything that may come at me during the rest of my day, I am more prepared to handle. I equip myself with the armor of God. I am more aware of things that may not be the best choice for me.  The Lord God fills me anew every morning with His Holy Spirit.  And that, my friends, is how I stay on track. When I do stumble, the Lord is right there to help me. I can feel His touch and I can hear His voice. 
I pray for you all that you can find your balance and feel the touch of God on you.  I pray you can hear Him speak to you. 
Have a good week ahead readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...