Friday, July 22, 2016

In just 3 days!

Yes, that's right, in just 3 days.  Now that is a loaded statement. It could mean anything.  But I won't leave you to try to guess. Let me explain. 
It has been 9 days now that I've been taking chemo. As you know from my earlier blogs I battle Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.  How is it different than acute? It is always brewing.  I do not have episodes of severe exacerbation.  I do not have periods of remission.  But it is much more manageable because it is always active.  With all of that said, there are times to treat vs observe.  When things start changing or too many symptoms are occurring it is time to treat. 
And that is where I am at.  My immune system is pretty much non functional, my blood counts changing rapidly. Therefore time to treat. 
Those of you that see me often know how I have looked like a chipmunk with no neck from the swollen lymph nodes. So are you ready, I'm about to address the 3 days.  I began the chemo 9 days ago.  I take it orally everyday.  After the 3rd dose I noticed my swollen nodes were greatly diminished. Someone said to me, you actually have a neck. I had an appointment with my primary dr.  She said this happened after just 3 doses?  Yes it did!  This is one sign I am responding to treatment. 
Now we have to be careful, does this mean I'm all better. No!  So I cannot let my guard down. I must stay aware of my situation and continue to persevere.  But I am extremely encouraged. 
This can apply to any area of our lives. Just because I started chemo, that doesn't mean I don't have faith.  It is the faith that has given me the strength to persevere through my situations. And I do not stop praying.  The Lord has given me a sign in 3 days that we are on the right track.  He used that to encourage me.  
What ever you are dealing with, don't stop praying, don't give up, hang on to God's promise to you. He will be faithful and encourage you through the process. 
If there is anything I know about our Lord Jesus, there is nothing too difficult for Him. After all, He rose from the grave in just 3 days, for us.  
Have a wonderful week full of encouragement readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...