Monday, March 18, 2024

There Were Three Crosses

 As Easter approaches we are always more mindful about the cross.  Jesus having to carry His own cross down that road.  And those roads were not smooth and paved.  They were rocky, rough, and mostly dirt.  This all taking place after He was beaten and tortured.  He was bleeding  with that HUGE crown of thorns on His head.   It wasn’t full of little tiny thorns, but big thick thorns.  The cross wasn’t made of thin little sticks or branches. But of a large solid piece of wood.  I am not sure if it was any specific wood.  Some say cypress, others say a mixture.  My point being, Jesus already physically hurting, had to carry heavy wood to the place He would be nailed to it and hung to die.  

The cross, we think of Jesus dying for us.  But that is one cross.  I might add the most important.  There were two other crosses.  One on each side of Jesus.  Folks would say those other two men deserved to die.  Jesus did not!  I very rarely think of the other two crosses.  

There was Jesus, nailed to that cross, slowly dying a very long and painful death.  What does He do?  He speaks to the other men.  Telling them if they just believe and ask forgiveness, they too will be with Him that day in paradise.  Jesus was giving them to the very last moment to believe in Him.  

The criminals were taunting Him. But towards the end one of the criminals began to believe and respond to Jesus.  Jesus told him he was forgiven and would be with Him in paradise forever.   The other criminal, let’s just say he won’t be as comfortable like the other forever.  

Even to the very last moment of Jesus’s life His love for the lost was unmeasurable.  He gave that man every chance.  He still denied Jesus.  

Every day of my life I ask Jesus to forgive me.  I am a sinner until I get to heaven to be with Jesus forever.  We are not perfect. We are in the flesh.  I know Jesus loves me and wants me with Him in heaven. 


”They crucified two criminals with Him, one on His right and one on His left.“

‭‭Mark‬ ‭15‬:‭27‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

”Then one of the criminals hanging there began to yell insults at Him: “Aren’t You the Messiah? Save Yourself and us! ” But the other answered, rebuking him: “Don’t you even fear God, since you are undergoing the same punishment? We are punished justly, because we’re getting back what we deserve for the things we did, but this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom! ” And He said to him, “I assure you: Today you will be with Me in paradise.”“

‭‭Luke‬ ‭23‬:‭39‬-‭43‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Let’s take time this Easter season to remember this.  It is never too late to accept Jesus as Lord of your life.  He gives us all the time we need.  Until our last breath.  At that point I pray we all have accepted Jesus and believe in Him and His promises to us.  After that, it is

# thecross #threecrosses #forgiveness #paradise #heaven




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...