Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Quarantined, not Quarantined.

Who would have thought at the beginning of April we would still be under quarantine.
Some of us are under mandatory quarantine. Some of us choose to quarantine. Either way, we all are in the midst of this global crisis.
However, we all have the same choices. We can choose to listen to those in authority and hope we can soon return to the normalcy we all desire. Or we can choose to rebel and not listen to those who have much more wisdom than we do in regards to this crisis.
Whatever you choose, I think I can be assured we are all feeling a bit cramped and tied down at this time.
I am at a level of quarantine that is more detailed than most of you. I have had to cancel appointments, cancel any social time with others, and absolutely stay out of public places.  I must wear a face mask when I am out of my home. This has been all winter for me. The regular flu can be just as dangerous for me.  So trust me, I know how frustrated you all feel.
With those points being made, let's take a look at how we can make the most out of this time.
My first thought is we have no excuse to keep us from reading God's Word and praying to Him. This should be top priority for us. This war we are in, this unseen enemy, is fierce. The enemy wants to wipe us off the face of this earth. But it cannot! Jesus already won that war. He is in charge, not the devil. The devil has no authority, but Jesus has ALL authority.
With that being known, it doesn't excuse us from spending time with Him. Now more than ever, we must be on our knees in prayer. We must pray for protection that our Lord Jesus has for us. We must pray for our families, our jobs, our country, our President and leadership. We must pray for those who have lost loved ones from this virus. Pray the Lord comforts them.
We all are familiar with this verse:
2 Chronicles 7:14:
... and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
We are not exempt from this. Take advantage of this time together as a family. Teach your children this verse. Say this verse several times a day. Write it down. Have it sealed in your hearts.
Here we are just a week from Easter week. And we cannot attend Easter services. We cannot worship with the church on this very special day. As Christians, it is our most important holiday.
But why can't we? We can, from our own homes.
Every church these days has the ability to post their service on line, or through a live feed. If by chance your church cannot do that, there are plenty of others you can worship with. You may be thinking it's not the same. Why isn't it? Jesus says "where two or more are gathered, He is there also.
Matthew 18:20:
For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.”
Jesus is still there amongst you, in your living rooms. There is no need for us to be discouraged. We can still worship with the Body of Christ. We can still receive from the spoken word on Easter Sunday. Jesus will meet you wherever you are.
Faithful readers I pray for you all, that you remain encouraged. I pray that the Lord gives you something special during your time with Him. Our Lord Jesus will take what is meant to destroy us and turn it around for His glory. I totally believe that. Hang on to those promises the Lord gives you. Write them down. Go back and read them over again. Pray those words out loud.
I am excited to sit back and watch what our Lord God is going to do. I cannot imagine the greatness He has planned. In the midst of the devastation, in the midst of this storm, I fully believe we will see God's glory.
I pray for you all, hold on to your faith, hold on to Jesus, He is in charge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...