Friday, September 28, 2018

Milestones

I think we all set goals for ourselves. When we reach them we call them milestones. Some milestones just come naturally. Like our age. Yes I said it, our age.
This week I had a milestone birthday. I turned 60. Oh my just saying it makes me gasp,  in a fun way. My brother and I were even reminiscing about our parents when they were 60. Joking about it.  I am not distressed at all because I turned 60. Actually I am rejoicing. It was once thought I may not reach the ripe age of 60. Guess what, those statements were far from the truth. God had other plans.
Most of you know of  my health struggles by now.  I totally believe God has brought me through those struggles and He gives me the strength to fight everyday. He does have plans for my life.  As I have stated in previous blogs, I know the Lord Jesus has touched my body and is healing me everyday. Have I received my total healing all at once, no. But I haven’t given up, and God will never give up on me. So each new victory is a milestone for me. And turning 60 is a huge milestone. And I embrace it with joy.
So think about it, what milestones have you had in your life? Is it a school graduation, a job promotion, an age you’ve reached? There are so many other milestones out there. And God has them for us all.
These verses in Proverbs help put it into perspective.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
So often we struggle and we automatically think we have failed. That isn’t necessarily true.  God uses our struggles to teach us. He brings us into a new understanding of circumstances.  He just asks this of us, TRUST HIM.  He wants us to lean in to Him all the more. He will guide us and lead us right into our milestone.
For me, 60 is a huge milestone.  And I will embrace it with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...