Monday, May 14, 2018

The Groom’s Love for His Bride

Have you ever struggled to grasp ahold of just how much Jesus loves you?
During my study/devotion time one morning that thought came to mind. Think about a young couple getting married. The look on the grooms face when he sees his bride for the first time, ready to walk down the aisle, adorned in the most beautiful wedding dress ever, is priceless. You almost can not describe the joy and amazement on the young groom’s face. To him, the bride is the most beautiful lady he has ever seen.  There is so much love in his heart it feels like it is ready to explode.
Jesus, the Groom, loves us, His bride so much more than that.  We cannot, in the natural, even fathom how much Jesus loves us. And He is standing at the altar waiting for His bride to come. He loves us so much.
His love is generous. His love is truth. His love is massive. His love covers us like a huge blanket wrapped around us. His love protects us. His love is deep and vast and powerful.
There is no way we can measure His love. And there are not enough words to describe His love.
Think about that, Jesus is standing, with all of that love, waiting for you. WOW!!!
All of that love, I don’t deserve it. So how can I live up to that? With my whole heart sold out for Jesus. Living my life to serve Him. Laying down my old self, and living in a manner that glorifies Jesus. There is no way I will ever be perfect. There is no way I will get everything right. And neither will you.
So let’s not beat ourselves up trying to live up to the love Jesus has for us. Because we cannot. But what we can do is try our best, and put your best foot forward, all adorned in that beautiful clothing (in your heart), loving Jesus with every ounce of strength we have, and be ready for when He comes for His bride.
We have that promise in God’s Word, He is coming for His Bride.

For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.  - Isaiah 62:5

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.  - Isaiah 61:10

The Groom is waiting for us, with so much love-we cannot even describe it.
Feel loved today my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...