Monday, August 14, 2017

Waiting for an Answer

Have you ever had a prayer that goes deep in your heart, so much so that you really cannot explain it?  And you wait years for the answer or a conformation. Let me try to explain.
I spent most of my childhood in NJ.  I had a best friend that lived right next door.  We would do everything together.  Even though my mother took us to church and Sunday School at our own church, sometimes I would go to church with my little friend and her family. As a child it was always special to me but I never really could pinpoint why. Then my family moved to Upstate NY and we lost contact.  Back then we didn't have social media.
Over the years since I have become closer to the Lord, I have prayed that somehow I could let my childhood friend and her family know how much that Godly influence into my life meant.  I prayed so many times for the Lord to make this happen somehow.  We are talking over 30 years of praying for this. But I always trusted that God would make a way.
It was several weeks ago, I was looking at Facebook for something and I noticed the name of my friend's father.  It is a very distinct name so I knew it was him. I almost jumped out of my skin. I immediately sat down and sent him a message. I told him how thankful and grateful I am that he and his family imparted into my life the way they did. I asked about my friend as well.  I didn't think much more of it. We had gone on vacation, returned to everyday life.  But my heart felt "relieved" that I could finally share with him and his daughter, hopefully, what that fruit produced in my life.
Last night I received a message back from him.  Oh my goodness, this is a divine intervention by God.  He was thrilled to hear from me.  His words were that of a blessing back to me.  He was going to share with his daughter. I sat almost stunned that all of this has taken place. I've been praying for this moment for a long time.
We  know that God is faithful. We do not know His timing or even understand it, but we do know it is perfect. He does answer our prayers. And usually in a way we do not expect.  This was such a surprise and blessed my heart so.
My hope for all of you out there is that no matter how long it takes, you will have the faith to know that God has a perfect plan. His timing is perfect, His plan is perfect. I encourage you all, never think your prayer is not important to God. Never think it isn't that big of a deal so why continue to pray.  Every prayer, every concern of yours is important to God.  It may take a little time, or a long time for God's perfect plan to come together. Don't give up. Don't stop praying. Your answer will come.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 HCSB
There is an occasion for everything,
And a time for every activity under heaven. 

Amplified Bible-
“TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:”
‭‭


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...