Friday, August 25, 2017

Refuse to Quit!

You have all heard me say this before, never quit, never give up. But persevere!
The last several days I've heard many say "I give up", or " I don't think I can keep going on like this".
Those words really bother me when I hear them.  After all, if we do quit or give up, how do we know if we could have been victorious in our fight or not?
As I have said many times, perseverance is very important to me. I have to make that conscious decision every day to fight for every step I take, for every breath I breathe, for every day of sunshine I experience.
If we don't fight for ourselves how can we ask others to fight for us?  My husband fights every fight with me. He sheds every tear with me. He would gladly take my pain from me and bear it himself.
I have to think my perseverance encourages that in him.
We all need to take that initiative, stand our ground with heels dug in, and fight!
When you ask for prayer for something within your church family, or your circle of friends, or even on social media, do you then sit back and wait passively for those prayers to come forth, and for the answers to come? I hope not. I say that in love, because I want you all to be victorious in your fight. My heart will weep when I hear of others struggles, especially physically.  I don't want anyone else to ever experience the pain I've had or the physical hardships I've experienced.  Therefore I do pray and intercede for others.  That is so very important.
However, again, I stress the importance of our perseverance and fight for our own victories.
I encourage you, don't give up.  Press on, press in to Jesus.  He has His best for us.
“So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don’t give up.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:9‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
Jesus tells us in His Word, don't give up.  He will reward us at the proper time.
Am I healed yet? No, I am not.  Some things are much better than they used to be.  But I stand on God's Word, and His promises for me.  I know without a doubt, God is faithful, He will not desert us.
I am so thankful and forever grateful that God has given me a spirit of perseverance and a desire to fight and be victorious.  I truly believe that same spirit is within all of us.  I encourage you to reach deep within and pull it out.
I pray you all find that strength as you pray and trust in Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...