Saturday, June 25, 2016

Do we throw in the towel?

Hello folks. In my last blog I talked about running our race. Run and don't give up. A lot of that depends on our own attitude.  Do we have an attitude of being a loser, finished, done? Or do we have an attitude of being a winner, being victorious, a conqueror? 
Every time we come up against a wall, how do we react?  Do we push that wall over with determination?  That is what a winner does.  Someone who has positive hope. We must have that persistence, determination, perseverance.  
The recent progression of the leukemia was a surprise, kind of.  I could have put on that "woe is me" attitude, I could have had a big pity party.  But that is not part of my genetics. I will not have that kind of attitude.  
I had some more tests done this week, and it confirmed the leukemia has progressed.  It does explain many of my symptoms. I am so grateful the Lord led me to a new physician. I am grateful for the physicians I have that know me well enough to encourage me to get another opinion. 
With all that said, I had a choice of how I would receive this news.  Would I be in that "woe is me" attitude, or will I push through this wall and fight with my all.  I dare say, most of you know me well enough to know I will fight.  I will run to that victory line. 
Many of us go through something that can change our lives forever. But it may very well be our attitude that determines the outcome. Our Lord Jesus is always right here by my side. He guides me, encourages me, holds me, loves me.  It is only by the grace of God, and His love for me, that I can push forward through that wall. He is there for you as well. Trust Him. Lean on Him. Let Him help you. 
We all have a victory line waiting for us. Be encouraged friends.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyilqXFOwjU

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Kathy! You are such a strong woman of God!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...