Sunday, January 24, 2016

How do we react when we have a setback?

As I share with you this week, keep in mind everything I share is from my own personal experiences. I want to be real to all of you readers.  Nothing made up or fake.
The last couple of weeks have been a struggle for me physically. Several things have attacked my body at once. I was not reacting to my medication well, therefore my body was reacting. I have had to start a new med and try to get through the results of suddenly stopping the old med. The other is something in my body that isn't working well anymore. I am most likely facing surgery for that. The last thing is whenever my body is stressed the leukemia doesn't like that. I try my hardest to find some energy. I try to be as normal as I can be.  Sometimes I fail, sometimes I am victorious.  How you would say?
The one and only way I can have victory is from my Lord Jesus Christ. That's it, He will never forsake you or leave you alone. 
You see, so often we meet our struggles and think we can face them on our own. Sure there may be times you conquer the hurdle, and get all boastful saying "look what I did". But usually those victories are short lived. Then we get weary trying to fight something new everyday. But, when we ask God for His help, we not only are victorious, but we aren't worn out. We have our strength because Jesus took that burden upon Himself. He carried the weight of that burden on His shoulders for you and I. He makes our burdens light, He gives us victory that will last forever. 
Will we have more struggles, of course. That is part of life. But we don't have to live in bondage with fear waiting for something bad to happen. 
Yes these last few weeks have been a challenge. But I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ will carry me through. He will take those burdens off of my shoulders. And that, my friends, is how I will be victorious.
I have attached a video of song from YouTube. This song speaks truth and encouragement. Tells us of hope. I pray it ministers to you as well. 
Be blessed my friends, there is always hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...