Thursday, January 7, 2016

How can I be useful?

The last several weeks our sermons at church have been about "Doing Something".  I had always been active in our church.  I was involved in drama for many years.  I absolutely loved this.  It was my own identity with in the church.  My husband and son both are musicians, therefore playing on the worship team.  I would often feel lost, like I wasn't contributing.  That is until I was involved with drama and creative arts.  
Then something happened. The spinal cord re-tethering. I was no longer able to drive well, or walk well.  My pain level was too high to be able to function like that any more.  For the last several years I have struggled once again about feeling useful.  I would pray diligently, Lord, what would You have me do? How can I once again do something for the Kingdom of God? I was determined to be faithful in my prayer time and devotion time everyday. I felt that God would reveal to me once again how He would use me.  
A few months back the Lord placed this idea of a blog on my heart.  Something I never thought about.  I became excited about being useful again.  And then it began a few short weeks ago.  My message to you this week, don't lose hope, or faith. Trust always that God has a plan for you.  He will use you for His glory if you allow Him to.  Think outside of the box you have built, and let God expand that box to fit His desire for you. He is a faithful, loving God that will always have use for you. 

2 comments:

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...