Wednesday, January 24, 2024

We Must Work For The Good of Others

 ”Therefore, as we have opportunity, we must work for the good of all, especially for those who belong to the household of faith.“

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

I recently heard someone say that we must work for the good of others.  I started to ponder this.  What exactly does this mean in my life, in the life of others?  It seems self explanatory. But it may not come so easy for many of us.  

All of my life, from the time I was a little girl I wanted to be a nurse.  I achieved that goal.  I worked as a nurse for over 40 years.  I absolutely loved it.   I still miss taking care of others in that way.  I wanted to be a nurse to help others.  I would like to think all nurses think this.  But sadly, that is not true.  For me,every task I did, every treatment I gave, every medication I administered, was for the good of that patient.   I took pride in my work.   I was proud of my accomplishments.  I was proud of my profession.  And I like to believe others saw me as that professional person caring for them.  I often went a step further and prayed for that person. 

So let me ask you, what is your profession?  What has God asked of you?  Do you treat your job as a professional person who performs your duty out of respect and care for the other person?  This may be hard for some who do not like their job.  It is just a means to supply for their family.   Not everyone has their dream job.  I worked hard to achieve mine.  However, I know many who have worked even harder and they are stuck in a very unpleasant situation.  You may ask, if God wants us to care for others, why would He put me in this situation?  God didn’t put you there.  You put yourself there.  It doesn’t mean God cannot use you.  Think of the other person first. There is no job less important than another.  Preparing food for someone is just as important as being a nurse.  Cleaning for someone is also just as important.  It is your ministry. .  

”We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.“

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭28‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

I truly believe our Lord Jesus will help us through the hard times, and help us through the situations we do not like, or prefer.  He wants to use us in every situation.  Let me ask you again, are you putting forth your efforts for the good of others?  

We all have been in dry times.  We all have been tested and gone through trials.  But Jesus is by our side the whole time.  He never leaves us alone to face hard times by ourselves .

The world is in hard times right now.  Every country has their issues. Those issues look different to all. Can we still pray for them.   Absolutely .

”Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.“

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

Can we do so?  Can we think of others during our trials?  Can we do our jobs to help our families, and those we are serving?  I pray we can.  He is calling us.  He is calling us to do His will, to love His children.  He is using us all in different ways.  


I pray for you my friends, that you can see the blessing in giving of your labor.  I pray that as we serve our Lord Jesus we can praise Him for putting someone in our path that needs His love.  And I thank Him for using me and using you to help others.  Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...