Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Loss For Words! Grief!

 These past several weeks our world has been rocked.  Actually the past year has.  For many of us it seems like it will never end.  We have experienced one hardship after another on a personal basis.  Our country has been rocked on a national basis.  Our world has been rocked on a global basis.  It seems none of us can escape this turmoil.  We may face different individual types of turmoil, but it still is turmoil.  

For so many it has shaken their faith. For others it has shaken their family, and others their jobs.  There is not a written handbook that gives you an exact roadmap of how to escape these hardships.  But there are many that give us suggestions.  

For me, the Word of God is my blueprint for life.  Through the help of the Holy Spirit, I can read and understand what the Bible is teaching me.  And through those teachings I can learn how to deal with the things in life that want to bring me down. 

As I have written before, I battle significant health issues along with 2 types of cancer.  My body feels the fatigue every day.  But it is the Word of God and the Holy Spirit that empower me. I can fight, I will fight with my all.  I will not give up.  Now throw into the mix the COVID pandemic.  Oh my, I have to stay on my toes and be diligent about protecting myself.  I have to stay away from others.  I won’t mind telling you, I’m just plain tired of this.  I want to socialize. I want to be in church. I want to travel to see our son and daughter-in-law.  I’m done with it.  

But then yesterday I am reminded of how deadly this virus is.  Even to a strong and healthy man.  A wonderful man we know lost his battle with COVID.  

I was left with no words. I didn’t know what to say or how to respond.  Then I look at my circumstances and think, what do I say or how do I respond Lord?  I’ve run out of words to pray. And we grieve.  Is it ok to grieve? Yes! I believe God gave us the ability to grieve.  It helps to mend the aching of our hearts. And it reminds us we cannot go through this life without Him.  We need our Lord Jesus to guide us, strengthen us, encourage us, and heal us.  And when our time here on earth is done, we can move into eternity in heaven with Jesus.  Where the streets are lined with gold.  Where there is glorious singing to our Lord.  Where there is no more pain or grieving.  

Faithful readers, wherever you are in this world, it has been rocked. I pray you can find that help from our Lord Jesus. He will give you that peace and comfort you need. 

I pray for my country. That once again we can be united as a nation following God’s commandments.  

I pray for all of you grieving, the our Lord Jesus will comfort you and heal your broken hearts.  

We will prevail.  We will be victorious.  Stay strong my friends. Our Lord is always near you.  

“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34:17-18‬ ‭HCSB‬‬



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words from a beautiful lady! Loss is so hard to deal with and this has been a long year of losses...but JESUS~~ enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue. It definitely has rocked us to the core. But Jesus reigns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...