Monday, September 21, 2020

Stress and Peace

 Is it possible to have peace when you have a stressful situation in your life?  I say yes.  However for that to be, I say you must have faith as well. This is something we've been taught from the time we were little children. But it is not something we all have been through.     
The most important thing to remember is our Lord Jesus will never leave us out in the wilderness to face trials alone. He is always with us. When I think of that I feel deep in my heart the love Jesus has for me and the faith I need to face trials.    
As you know from my last blog, I am facing a new health battle. That is breast cancer. When I met with my Dr last week she was talking about all of the "medical terms", and treatment options, along with protocols, and so on. She stopped at one point and said I have such a good attitude. I simply stated "I have to". I cannot afford to be negative, or be without faith. After all, faith is the hope of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1a
Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.   
When we have that tiny seed of faith, the Lord meets us with that hope. That hope helps us to keep moving forward.  It helps us conquer our fears. And when we have that, we have peace.
So we have stress and trials, then we feel the love Jesus has for us and that elevates our faith, which brings us to hope. That hope leads us to peace.          
Philippians 4:7 (AMP)
And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].
It is often hard to put into words how you stay positive, or how you keep faith in your heart. Often our actions or attitudes speak those words for us. My Dr didn't have to hear me say I have faith, I have hope, I have peace. She saw the evidence of all three in my face, my voice, my actions.
Do I still have stress? Yes I do. Anytime you are facing major surgery and a cancer diagnosis, it gives you stress.  However, the hope and faith I have out weighs the stress, and enables me to walk in faith, My faith is in my Lord Jesus Christ. I stand tall in His promises. He will not disappoint, He will not leave my side.
And because of all of that, I can walk in confidence in the peace He covers me with.
Faithful readers, I pray that whatever you are going through, whether physical, emotional, or any other way, that you feel that hope deep in your heart. I pray you can walk in the faith and peace that He has for you. Jesus has been "Good to Me". 
#breastcancer #hope #faith #peace #comfort #Heisgoodtome 






2 comments:

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...