Sunday, August 5, 2018

Happy Vacation!

It’s been a couple of weeks since my last blog. My husband and I were on a vacation.  A much needed vacation for him. We went to Tennessee to see our son and daughter in law.
We were so excited to be able to visit them for a week. This was the first time we took our Golden Retriever with us for such a long drive. It was 9-10 hours in the car each day. But he did great. With the help of some Benadryl the vet suggested. We went to great lengths to make sure he was safe for the car ride. We have a special seat cover that allows him to wear the doggy seat belt.  He could sit,    He could stand, or lay down. And more importantly, he was with us.
You might be wondering where this is going.  These two topics: vacation and protection.
When we go on vacation do we take a vacation from God?  Does He go on vacation away from us? And is He protecting us?
I think it is pretty clear actually, to me. I never want to be out of God’s presence and protection. When we take a vacation I want God with us. I don’t want to leave Him behind, and forget about him for a week or so.
How about God taking a vacation? I must say, I don’t believe He ever takes a vacation from us. We are His children. He wants us with Him. He wants to do everything He can to protect us.
It is our own doings that separate us from God. Or our own decision to leave Him behind.
When we were excited to take our beautiful Golden with us it was because we wanted him with us. He trusted us to protect him always.
The same goes for God. He wants us with Him always. He desires to protect us always. And I want to  know without a doubt that He is watching over us.
We had a wonderful vacation. God kept us safe the whole time.
When you are planning a vacation, include the Lord Jesus in those plans. I truly believe , you will have a fulfilling, peaceful vacation.
“When I think of You as I lie on my bed, I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my helper; I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings. I follow close to You; Your right hand holds on to me.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭63:6-8‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...