Monday, January 22, 2018

Are You Feeling Hopeless?

This is the time of year that so many are dealing with depression or hopelessness. The holidays are over and for many it seems as though winter is never going to end. And reality sets in, we still have another 2 months of winter left.
And along with the doldrums of winter come flu season. This year has been exceptionally rough with the flu and the viruses out there. So many have been very ill with these nasty bugs. For someone like myself that is immuno-suppressed, it is very important that I do not get exposed to those germs. I would be in the hospital for weeks. That certainly doesn't interest me.
I was seeing several posts on social media of people feeling very depressed. So that got me thinking, am I feeling depressed? Am I feeling hopeless? I can say with total confidence I am not either of those. But it does take work and an active mindset of being an overcomer, of being victorious.
Where do I get that help to push me in the right direction? How do I maintain that "overcomer" mindset? It is very simple folks. My help comes from the Lord Jesus. Our Maker! He knows exactly what we need before we do. He knows when we need it, and He knows how to get our attention so that we call on Him for His help. The problem we have so often, are we listening or paying attention?
Are we actually calling out to Jesus and asking Him for His help? I dare say, too often I believe we get very lax at this. And believe me, I can be just as lax as the next. We are always learning. And the more we learn to trust in Jesus, ask Him for His help, the more free we will be, the more we will be victorious.
My faithful readers, there is hope within our reach. There is that peace of mind knowing we will be ok, knowing there is our Lord Jesus right here with us, waiting for us to ask Him to help us through our difficult time.  I was sharing with a precious friend this morning that I could feel the warmth of Jesus wrapping His big arms around me. The love Jesus has for you and for me is massive but right here within our reach.
I am attaching a song this week that reminds us where to look for our help. Take a listen, read the words as they come up. (You may recognize a few familiar faces also) Let these words speak to your heart and encourage you my friends. We always have HOPE! Because our Lord Jesus never leaves us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...