Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Microwave vs Slow Cooker

When you start your day do you first take time to talk to God?  Do you take a few moments to tell Him your needs for the day? Or do you start out in microwave mode?  Jump out of bed after hitting the snooze button five times, grab a breakfast you can cook in 20 seconds in the microwave, rush out the door, then finally in the car. Oops, you forgot to pray. OK, Lord, bless this day, Amen. 
Then the day falls apart at the start. You got a flat tire, you were late for work, you left important files at home. You cry out, God, where are you?  
Where is He, He's been by your side the whole time. Why didn't He answer your prayers?  You didn't ask Him. You were in microwave mode. 
God wants to be by our side, He wants a relationship with us. One that He can nurture, mold, flourish with us. One that is in a slow-cooker, getting tenderized, and seasoned. He loves us so much. When we do run into a hurdle, He is right there to help you over it. 

Psalm 130:1-2, 5
“Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭130:1-2, 5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Hope in His Word. Wait on Him. Trust Him, hope in Him. He is faithful and will not desert us. 
This is where my hope comes from, and I hang on to that hope and God's promises for my life, and for my 
family
I want to be in a slow-cooker and not a microwave. Thank You Lord Jesus for never leaving my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

The Peace of God

 What does it mean to have the peace of God, in our minds, hearts, spirits?   That is a loaded question.  I like to think of it as being uni...