Saturday, December 19, 2015

Merry Christmas

It is Christmas week and everyone is busy shopping, getting last minute necessities, and so on. We would think that everyone would be happy, cheerful, and friendly during this special time. But where are the smiles and perky faces?  They seem hard to find. There can be many reasons that people have.
But simple truth- this should be the most wonderful time of the year for us. We should be happy, cheerful, and perky.  This being said let me tell you a bit more of my story.
Last week I told you of my spinal cord damage. I did have another surgery in 2011 to release the cord again. A few weeks later I had another surgery because the sac that houses the cord and spinal fluid ruptured. It was then I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
We all have various reasons why we may be sad during the Christmas season. But that doesn't mean you have to be. I fight for all it is worth to stay motivated, stay positive, and stay cheerful. How do I do this, as I said last week, reading the Bible, praying, and worshipping my Lord Jesus.
Yes, that is enough.  Our Lord promises that we will never walk alone, He will always be right by our side.
Now it is Christmas time, and I love Christmas. So this year I have thoughts of excitement and cheer. Then I have another tragedy. My Mom suddenly passed away in October. My Mom, whom taught me how to love, how to be so excited for Christmas. Together we baked cookies and more every year. We truly loved doing these things together. The past few years we could not due to her health and mine. But my wonderful husband told me he wants to help me bake our cookies. "Grandma cookies".
Sure I may tear up from memories. But these are happy memories I will always cherish.
Our son and daughter-in-law can not join us this year. Ok, another kink in my cheerfulness.  And my husband has to work on Christmas night. Well I admit, I was beginning to feel the disappointment.  But then I caught myself. WHO are we celebrating?   That's right, it isn't my birthday, it is Jesus' birthday. He was born this day to be our Savior. For me folks, this is reason enough to celebrate and be joyful.
There is so much tragedy in our world today. Let's all try to give ourselves a break from all that sad news. Let's be determined to be joyful and cheerful. Let's help each other stay upbeat. Let's remember who's birthday we are celebrating and why He was born.
Then let's take it a step further. If you see someone looking sad, maybe even grumpy, why not offer to pray for them. How about having coffee or tea with them. Let's help each other have that joy this Christmas.
Jesus, born in a stable, for you and I. That we may be saved. He brought us hope, love, peace, and comfort. He came to seek and save the lost, you and me.
“And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Merry Christmas,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Thank you for sharing your journey. You are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest.

Faith in Your Salvation

 As I was praying about this blog post I had so many topics going through my head.  Things we need to do, or things that have to be done.  T...