Friday, January 15, 2016

Do You Feel Embarrassed Asking God For Help?

How often do you ask something of God on behalf of yourself?  I think most of us will agree, at times it is difficult. It is very easy to ask God to heal someone else  But to you yourself?
The last job I had working as a nurse was my most rewarding.  I worked for a Plastic Surgeon.  Most of what we did made a huge impact on the patient's life. The Dr. would often say to someone when explaining a surgical procedure, "if the surgery is on someone else, it is minor. But if the surgery is on me, it is major." 
I think that is how we often think when praying for ourselves vs someone else.  
An example: Lord would you please heal John Doe of cancer. In the meantime, I have a badly infected hang nail. How can I ask God to heal me when someone else has cancer. We are often embarrassed asking God to touch our little problem when others have a severe situation that needs God to intervene.
Think back of what the Dr. said, if it is something that concerns you, then it is major, no matter how small it may be, God still cares. It doesn't matter to God how insignificant our problem may be, if it is a problem to us, then He wants to help. 
You may be thinking, easy for you to say, you have a real problem. Trust me, there were times I felt embarrassed asking God to touch me and heal my "hangnail".
God wants to hear from you. He wants you to confide in Him and tell Him what concerns you.  Let Him make the decision of how to take care of it.  He wants us to just have faith, trust Him. Know that He is God, He is in control, and more than anything, He loves us. He wants us to lay our problems at His feet. He will make our burdens light.
Matthew 11:30 Jesus says: For My yoke is easy, My burden is light.
Whether it be cancer, or a hangnail, God is interested. You are just as important to Him as the next. 
We are His sons and daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest.

Happy Easter!

 When I was praying about this blog post I couldn’t seem to focus.  I wondered how can I write something short that would adequately reflect...